Initially, viruses are actually meant to harm computer programs that are harmful to computers. But the virus is actually a member of the malware. There are several types of malware, among which is called Virus. The rest are harmful in many ways. But people are called viruses in general senses. Let us know what is malware? And what kind of malware there are.
Malware term means Malicious Software. That means harmful computer programs. All programs that cause computer damage are malware. There are about 12 different types of malware. In that, we usually have 5-6 types. But here I will discuss 7 types of malware. How to survive with them, without any antivirus Let's get started.
The virus is a type of scavenging computer program that can copy itself or add itself to another file. Originally being attacked by viruses .exe (executable file) and .com extension files (but I'm not talking about .com domain). If a compiler of a software is weak, or if a security hole is left behind when compiling, then it is attacked. Again, due to the misunderstood of the programmers, there are many. The virus is basically working to harm the stored data of the computer. However, in 2011, Cement Lab found some viruses that could damage the hardware.
The virus is basically made in two ways.
- When someone wishes to make a virus.
- If there is a mistake in compiling the software or the program, then it may be a virus or if there is a compiler error.
But the first thing is because the compilers that are now comparable are very strong. So coding errors can not be compiled.
However, some viruses attack other files. They add themselves to those files. The file is damaged in it. In 2007, a virus attacking the American Stock Exchange, some files containing financial information of about $ 500 million were damaged.
How to Save Yourself:
As soon as I say this, the antivirus will answer all in one sentence. Really?
There is a saying in English that Prevention is better than cure. It is better to make sure that the virus does not enter the PC than to erase the virus in the PC.
There is numerous antivirus in the market. But not all are equally strong. According to all types of antivirus reviews, the average antivirus can be placed on the list.
- Kaspersky's Internet Security.
- Bit defender antivirus
Not many are familiar with bit defender. They say that in some cases bit better than the Defender Kaspersky.
But the problem is that these antiviruses buy, run an update at the end.
Though Kaspersky Internet Security is available in many places in Bangladesh, bit defender is not available everywhere. You bought a package of Kaspersky, now the problem is that you have to update it regularly. Never ever have a virus definition software core engine. Definitions are small. From 500 kilobytes to 1 megabytes. But the core engine size ranges from 30 megabytes to 70 megabytes. If there is no net connection at home, then the forehead is bad. Life will be exhausted by collecting from the cyber cafe.
Here is not the end, if your PC is not the current third-generation PC (2GB RAM DDR 2/3, Dual Core or any other processor), then there are more problems. Now all the antivirus functions in multiple modules. Such as Internet Browser Protection, Firewall, On-Demand Scan, On Access Scan etc. Each of these modules cost a lot of processing memory. As a result, a large part of the RAM falls into the grip of antivirus. The rest is in Windows and then your work. It is seen that the PCs with 1 GB RAM have become very slow due to this.
Antivirus is not that very urgent but all the time. It is possible to protect PCs besides antivirus. Only you have to be careful about some things. Before I discuss some technical issues, I talk about some common practice, which will give your PC a lot of security.
- Whose pen drive, do not put the memory card on the PC. First, make sure about its use.
- Many people hired CDs and DVDs from the store. DVD discs, even if the label is completed, then just insert the PC. Do not insert a movie right on a local disk with a DVD.
- Do not download any other attachments except for Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. If you are familiar with what you are sending and you are sure that he will not send the virus to your PC, download it.
- Do not download software from any website. Sourceforge.net A huge repository of open-source software. You can get much free software from here. Apart from download.com, softpedia.com, brothersoft.com can download from freedownloadcenter.com. All of them here are regularly scanned.
- Beware of spamming. Much of the email comes in the mail many times where the software is sung singing and is asked to download. I did it. These are adware or worm during most of the time.
- Those who make purchases using online credit or debit cards, be careful. Do not give payment info on any site except Secure Protocol. Take a look at https: // before you have it. If you are HTTP:// then move away. There is no possibility of your payment info being chaired by any kind of security except security protocol.
- A separate policy for Facebook users will be given at the end. Keep eyes.
- If you have any doubts about the software then upload it to www.virustotal.com. Here are some files that scan around 40 antiviruses. When you see the report from that, you understand that the file is harmful.
- Be careful before cracking any software. Crack is the most familiar means of spreading the virus. Before downloading a crack from the net, make sure to source it. Do not take the risk otherwise.
- Backup any kind of work, no matter how secure the PC is. Regularly backing important data identifies an ideal computer user.
In this case, my first choice is Dropbox. There is no such wonderful online storage. Media Fire and nothing else. Space is only 2.5 Gb. But it does not seem to be so much. I keep a copy of my writing, coding and source code in Normandy.
Download their official client software. Very simple. There is no problem. Happy backing Actually things are so easy that it does not need more than four lines of text.
Suppose data has been deleted for some reason. Errors, or data crashes. now? You need a data recovery software. My personal choice, Rikuva One of the coolest software in C Cleaner's Developer Piriform. Free. It's too fast and too much work.
If you have any question please comment below. Thanks